As promised, I have some updates on my workouts last week. So, today is officially two weeks that we have had our home and I didn’t run at all during the first week. We were very consumed with getting everything pulled out of the house and repaired so that we could move forward on painting and laying floors. Normally I would go running in the evenings after Baby Boy has gone to bed but these days we are going to the house to work after he has gone to bed.

This past week, I made myself a promise that I was going to run no matter what- and that’s basically what happened. Each run was a struggle but I pushed through.

Wednesday: 3.14 miles in 30 minutes. This run was hard because it was 2 in the afternoon when I finally forced myself out on the trail. That meant A) that I was pushing Baby Boy in a stroller and B) it was HOT. Lately, the weather has been a bit cooler but not at 2 p.m.!

I went to bed Wednesday night with the goal of setting an alarm for a morning run- because if I can’t make night runs and I don’t want to struggle in the afternoon heat then I need to get up and get it done before Baby Boy and the Mr. are up. And while I am a morning person- I am most definitely not a morning runner. I wish I was, I sincerely have a dream that one day I will love to wake up before everyone and get my run in, but that’s not happening at the moment. So I  turned my alarm off….

But Baby Boy decided to wake up at 5 am to nurse anyway and once I’m up, I’m up. So…

Thursday: 2.88 miles in 30 minutes….at 5:30 a.m.

Finally, my long run on Sunday. These are the hardest, I just have a hard time getting away for the time of a long run. It was also a rough day for me emotionally- I simply felt as though I wasn’t doing enough and that the things I was able to do, were getting done poorly. Naturally, I had no desire to go for (and potentially fail at) my long run-which also happened to be the longest run of my training so far.

At 9:15 p.m I finally convinced myself that I needed to go for my run- I had convinced myself that if I didn’t go for my run then I would feel even worse about my day and myself. So I got dressed and grabbed my Garmin GPS…only to find that it was dead. So I decided to use my phone GPS…which only had about 20% battery left- not sure it would last the whole run. These were all great reasons to not go running but I put my game face on, prayed that I would have better judgement of distance and pace than I had previously been blessed with.

Sunday: 6 miles in 59:16.

 I actually made it! And that run was just what I needed to end my week and sum up my training. It was a peaceful, calm run and I was happy with my results!


Week total: 12.02 miles in 1:59:16